GPS, which stands for Global Positioning System, fleet tracking is a cost-effective and efficient way of saving money that adds value to any type of fleet operation that implements it. GPS fleet tracking works by using a network of satellites to triangulate on earthbound receivers in order to locate and transmit data with regard to each vehicle in the fleets where they are installed. The Global Positioning System is used for many different reasons and by various businesses all around the world, here are some of the advantages of GPS fleet tracking:
• Deadlines met safely: Drivers benefit by being given an appropriate amount of time to meet deadlines, go to lunch while on the road, and submit overtime. GPS fleet tracking devices alert supervisors when drivers go too long without a break and for numerous other situations as well. In order to prevent overtired drivers and provide safe working conditions for the drivers these elements must be monitored.
• Cut the speeding: One of the components heavily monitored by GPS fleet tracking software is speed. Supervisors can set up alerts to be notified when a vehicle exceeds the appropriate speed or even drives too slowly. Speeding is a risky behavior that generates heat and wastes fuel, but more importantly it can lead to traffic collisions often causing damage to property, injuries, or even fatalities.
• Eliminate unnecessary pit stops: When drivers know they are being monitored by GPS fleet tracking systems they tend to stop taking side trips that are not authorized and keep on track with the schedule. Lunches in the past that may have lasted for extra hours are cut short, along with straying off-route to run errands that were not work-related.
• Fuel card theft: The majority of these systems monitor the amount of fuel that is in the gas tank, making it virtually impossible for drivers to steal a little money off the gas card every time they stop to gas up. Stealing money from the company gas card is common in some areas, but drivers who do so under the new system are more likely to be caught and penalized for this wrong doing.
• No stolen vehicles: Vehicles are also less likely to be stolen when equipped with GPS fleet tracking devices since they can be easily recovered. Thieves who know that automobiles are equipped with GPS tracking are less likely to strike as well.
These key attributes and advantages that GPS fleet tracking systems and software bring to the table along with others, provide a great way to protect assets and increase productivity for your business.